Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brendam's Theorum of Consideration

Well what to write here?...


That is a most interesting question!

As I sit here the possibilities race through my mind. Do I start with the boring old introductory stuff that seems to pre-empt an AA meeting, like, "Hi my name is Brendan and I'm a first time blogger"...
Or do I begin with something smart, witty and cool? So that you feel the need to read on, and develop an addiction for the fantastic words coming out of my mouth, via the keyboard. Or any other number of weird and wonderful things that could just crazily pop into my often bipolar and eclectic mind.
Then of course there is the consideration of relevance, do I run with something about my mundane life-chores, and perhaps convert it to a small screen epic? Which of course you as the reader may find interesting at most and completely utterly boring and lost time at the least.
Then again I could of course become all nerdy and answer the questions of life, or at least something academic, analysing and developing theories (which could be conspiracy in nature) and discussing their relevance, credence or trash worthiness.

But alas I still sit here and wonder, why can I not seem to find anything to write when the possibilities are endless. The medium is here and teasingly offering to be the vector to convey my messages. Is it because this is part of a university assignment (yep you read correct), and I as a 'creative industries' student feel bound by rules and parameters? Or is it merely writers block, have I lost the drive and passion once felt? I guess this is something only uncovered from delving deep into the subconscious fogs of my mind through self-analysis, or extreme therapy! Preferably an option that should be avoided at all costs. Is it that the timing is just not right yet for inspired written word?

Time, its an interesting concept. Does it only exist because we as humans need a basis to organisational structure. Is it an all guiding phenomenon and pursuasive power that either pushes us into the inescapable forward motion of the future; never allowing for an exit on any enjoyed platform, a one-way eternal train ride running express? Or is it a mean presence, stealing from us the opportunity of something that could have been done or enjoyed or experienced, for if this is not the case, then why do we have time wasted?

But now i digress, and the mind once again fall into blankness. What is blankness of the mind? Does the mind (different to the brain) actually momentarily stop working, like a surge in the power grid? Or is it a state of uncertainty, a moment of seemingly perpetual confusion? This I suppose is a debate of personal opinion, and therefore limitless in its answers.

So now I ask, how like you this?
Was this in fact that 'something' that I longed to write about? But how could you answer 'yes', when it is mere consideration of what to write, and without actually reaching a conclusive point? Does that not make this all speculation, and something that the mind works through in preparation of actually writing that 'something'? Surely we cannot consider poignant deliberation a worthy entry? For writing about what to write does not actually achieve that written thing. Therefore is this a pointless process? I hope not, but the answer is somewhat ambiguous.

Ambiguity. Can anything actually be ambiguous? Because we as readers, or responders depending on the format, draw our own conclusions. Generally we successfully acknowledge the point of where the messenger is heading. That implies clarity does it not? Yes, though the process is longer it is certain clarity in the end. Or am I talking crap? That is another consideration of personal contemplation. Without social comparison we lack the confirmation we desire to gauge accuracy. Once again I have digressed, which brings other questions... These I think are far more easily answered and considered.

Through contemplation of what to write; we digress and find other things to mull over. Are these in fact what the mind wants us to explore, and thus we have found our muse, though we consciously ignore and miss these signs? I think yes. But the mind is complex, and at times distracted, so relevance often lacks, which is why we miss these flashing and fluorescent indications, ignorance of distraction sifts this as useless information.

So in what was supposed to be a small introductory offering to you, the reader, I think I have exceeded guided word limit by at least 300 words, one of those pre-mentioned parameters, stunting creation. And yet I never did reach an actual conclusion of a worthy topic for this, nor did I actually introduce myself. You may have made assumptions about me but they were never confirmed, and after all this could all simply be an act. For all you know I am a monkey locked in a room randomly hitting letters on a keyboard; who through sheer luck of probability is creating readable data . Only further blogs may expose the entity on the other side of the digital wall separating us, and only then the information is what I choose to expose, thus is it my true self that you get to know? We shall have to wait and see. So having ignored the purpose of this activity does that mean I have failed?

Failure, is this interpretation of knowing how people should interpret, and thus, answer a question? Now that is something that opens many more questions... Questions... Are these all I shall offer? I guess that is something that will be answered as time goes by... Whatever time is of course.

1 comment:

Cool James said...

I am also a monkey locked in a room typing on a keyboard. We should date.

Just don't ask me when, because I don't believe in time...

And don't ask me why, because I don't do relevance...

Don't ask me where, I only deal in abiguity...

Don't ask if I'm sincere, because failure gives me a weird feeling of chaffiage.

In fact, just don't ask questions.